Job Reference: J5634981
Updated On: 26/05/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Scientist - Cell Biology to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the Scientist - Cell Biology you will be responsible for the development of Bioassays for the characterisation and phenotyping of viral vector and cell based therapeutics.
You will have to opportunity to apply your experience in developing expression and potency assays to characterise a range of life change Advanced Therapies.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Scientist - Cell Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work in a matrix environment designing and developing Bioassays to support product characterisation.
2. Plan, write and execute scientific protocols for assessment of Cell and Gene Therapeutics including but not limited to Migration, Inhibition and Cytotoxicity assays as well as transduction, transcription and infectivity assays.
3. Record, analyse and communicate experimental findings in scientific reports, posters and peer-reviewed publications and present results internally and to external collaborators.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientist - Cell Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD or Undergraduate degree with relevant industry experience in a life sciences setting.
2. Proven experience in developing Bioassays as well as Mammalian Cell Culture where experience with cell imaging, assay validation and molecular techniques are desirable.
3. Experience with transgene expression (qPCR based assays), Protein expression (Western Blot, Immunofluorescence, ELISAs) and infectivity based assays such as TCID50.
Key Words: Bioassay | Cell Based Assay | Potency Assay | Migration Assay | Inhibition Assay | Knockdown Assays | Characterisation | Phenotyping | Transduction Assay | TCID50 | Cell Therapy | Gene Therapy | Mammalian Cell Culture | Cell imaging | Molecular Biology
Other jobs with similar skills
Molecular Scientist - Industrialisation
London | £38,000 - £43,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Molecular Scientist - Industrialisation to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the Molecular Scientist you will be responsible for ...Science
View & Apply
Skills Programme Lead
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Skills Programme Lead to join a growing and innovative life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Skills Programme Lead you will be responsible fo...Science
View & Apply
Associate Director Analytical Development - Gene Therapy
Merseyside | £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Associate Director Analytical Development - Gene Therapy to join a leading Biologics company based in the North West of the UK. As the Associate Director Analytical Deve...Science
View & Apply