J4516CambridgeshireBiotechnology PermanentCompetitive Full Time03/10/2017Biochemistry – Characterisation Biochemistry – Screening Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Bioassay R&D R&D – Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology Pre Clinical Research
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
In Vivo Scientist
An Antibody Discovery company in the Cambridgshire area is looking for an experienced Scientist to join their Preclinical Translational Pharmacology D... View Job
Analytical Services Manager
We are currently looking for an Analytical Services Manager to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Northamptonshire area. As the Analyti... View Job
Scientist - Cell Engineering
A Leading Synthetic Biology Service provider is looking for an experienced Scientist within Cell Engineering to join their Cell Line Development team ... View Job
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Scientist within Drug Discovery has become available to join a Biotechnology company focusing on Antibody discovery, in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Scientist - Drug Discovery you will be responsible for leading immune-oncology projects within a laboratory environment that focus on in-vitro assay development for the screening and characterisation of Antibodies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientist - Drug Discovery will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Use your expertise to develop and problem solve in-vitro assays that are needed for screening and characterising antibody.
2. Independently design and execute project goals, plans and milestones in alignment with established programme strategy in addition to identifying critical programme-related issues and successfully implement plans to overcome them to ensure the achievement of project goals/milestones.
3. Apply knowledge of multiple disciplines or technological processes to affect program/project direction.
4. To lead an Immunology-focused oncology related programme.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientist - Drug Discovery we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in an Immunology focused topics (ideally tumour biology related) in addition to post-doctoral experience, though this is not essential. Evidence of substantial scientific output in forms of publications, patents and presentations in international conferences will help your application.
2. Proven industry experience in designing and optimising biological and immunological assays in addition to expertise in isolation, characterization and functional assay development using primary immune cells of rodent and/or human origin.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with using multi-parametric flow cytometry is essential.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.