J562547ManchesterPharmaceutical CRO/CMO Science Permanent£45,000 to £50,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time16/07/2018Chemistry Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry Chemistry – Medicinal Chemistry Chemistry - Molecular Modelling Chemistry - Quality Control Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Section Head - Analytical Chemistry We are currently looking for a Section Head - Analytical Chemistry to join a growing life sciences company based in the Derbyshire area. Our client ar... View Job
Section Manager – Inorganic Chemistry We are currently looking for a Section Manager - Inorganic Chemistry to join a growing environmental and life sciences company based in the Manchester... View Job
Flow Cytometry Sales Executive We are currently looking for a Flow Cytometry Sales Executive to join a Global leading company that have been in the Life Science industry for over 80... View Job
We are currently looking for a Section Head - Analytical Chemistry to join a growing life sciences company based in the Greater Manchester area. Our client are focussed on a number of core sectors including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products industries.
As the Section Head - Analytical Chemistry you will work within a synthetic and medicinal chemistry facility and will be responsible for leading a team of analytical and purification chemists and facilities across a number of sites, supporting all internal chemistry teams in addition to providing services to external customers. Due to the breadth of sectors and industries we provide services to this is a varied role and would suit an individual who thrives on a wide variety of different challenges.
Your duties as the Section Head - Analytical Chemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide strong leadership and people management skills:
- Be the focal point for the department, displaying the confidence, commitment and positive attitude required to drive others on to succeed and achieve in their day-to-day activities
- Lead by example, demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism in order to meet the expectations of internal and external customers
- Provide guidance to the team to ensure that the department can provide expertise in the latest techniques
- Ensure all members of the department are effectively managed against the required competencies of their roles
- Define future team requirements and lead the recruitment process accordingly
2. Demonstrate strong technical competency, including HPLC, LCMS, GCMS and SFC. This will have been gained though prior experience working in a similar laboratory environment.
3. Take responsibility for H&S of the analytical chemistry department
4. Effectively manage resources according to budget
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Section Head - Analytical Chemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc / MSc / PhD in a Chemistry related discipline with demonstrated relevant analytical chemistry experience working in the synthetic or medicinal chemistry field.
2. Proven experience in line management and staff development. You will also need to demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
3. You will demonstrate experience in project management and customer interaction
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.