R&D Manager We are currently looking for a R&D Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the R&D Manager you will be re... View Job
Analytical Team Leader Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Analytical Team Leader to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Kent area. As the... View Job
Section Head - Analytical Chemistry We are currently looking for a Section Head - Analytical Chemistry to join a growing life sciences company based in the Derbyshire area (this location... View Job
We are currently looking for a Section Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Manchester area for a period of 8 months to cover maternity leave.
As the Section Manager you will be responsible for managing a programme of work or a department, to ensure timely delivery of projects or results at a profit. Managing a team of Analysts and Technicians effectively to ensure they are deployed appropriately.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Section Manager - 8 months mat cover will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Day-to-day scheduling of the workload within the laboratory in person and via effective delegation.
2. Ensuring the ISO17025:2005 standard is maintained and that all relevant actions related to it are performed in a timely manner.
3. Ensuring all equipment is maintained and any upkeep is managed by the appropriate staff.
4. Identifying bottlenecks or potential issues in the laboratory, moving staff to maintain smooth operations of the laboratory.
5. Monitoring the spend and performance of the laboratory
6. KPI management
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Section Manager - 8 months mat cover we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences, Chemistry or Environmental related discipline would be preferred.
2. Proven experience leading a technical team, in a fast paced, high throughput environment.
3. You will be expected to demonstrate high-level communication and interpersonal skills, and have experience liaising with customers / clients in a technical setting.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.