Job Reference: J5633049
Updated On: 10/03/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are looking for an experienced Histology candidate to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Senior (Principal) Scientist in Immunohistochemistry you will be responsible for supporting target validation, mechanism of action and biomarker development projects for early stage Biologic Drug Discovery and Development.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesKEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior (Principal) Scientist - Immunohistochemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead projects and assist with the evaluation of tissue sections using your extensive experience in histology and IHC.
2. You will contribute to bring in new technology and developing currently used techniques including staining protocols for novel antibodies/antigens including multi-staining approaches both fluorescent and colourimetric.
3. You will cover a range of histological and immunohistochemical techniques ranging from tissue processing and sectioning to development of multi-antigen staining protocols and antigen activity assays.
Role RequirementsROLE REQUIREMENTS:
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior (Principal) Scientist - Immunohistochemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc or MSc or PhD in a Life Sciences discipline (E.g. Pathology, Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Pharmacology etc.) in addition to industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in a Histology environment, ideally within a Biopharmaceutical setting or within the NHS (or other health organisation). Extensive knowledge in tissue processing including fixation, embedding and sectioning of FFPE and frozen tissues is vital.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of histological techniques including staining procedures such as Masson’s Trichrome, Picrosirius Red in addition to the development of staining protocols is preferred.
Key Words: Histology | Immunohistochemistry | Biopharmaceuticals | Biologics | Pre-clinical Drug Development | Tissue Processing | Fixation | embedding | Sectioning | FFPE | Staining | Antibody | Antigens
Other jobs with similar skills
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Scheduler to join a leading cell and gene therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Manufacturing Scheduler, you will be responsible for coor...Science
View & Apply
Assistant Supply Chain Planner
Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire | £23,000 - £28,000 per annum
We are currently looking for an Assistant Supply Chain Planner to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire. As the Assistant Supply Chain Planner, you will be responsible for su...Science
View & Apply