Job Reference: J5635114
Updated On: 26/06/2021
Status: Under Offer
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels to join a leading CRO based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels you will be responsible for working on electrophysiological experiments and ion channel assays.
This is a great opportunity for an electrophysiologist with strong background working on ion channels. This is ideal for a Post-Graduate or candidate with industry experience using manual/automated patch-clamp.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work independently with manual and automated patch-clamp on various industry based projects focused on ion channel drug discovery.
2. You will also develop and optimise assays to study ion channels.
3. You will review the data, write reports and present it internally and externally.
4. As the Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels you expected to support junior members of the team.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Electophysiology, Physiology, Cell Biology, Biophysics, Protein Sciences etc. A PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry or academic experience with using manual or automated patch-clamp systems.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with working with a number of Ion Channels.
Key Words: Ion Channels / Electrophysiology / Assay Development / CRO / Patch-Clamp / Sophion / PhD / BSc / MSC / Drug Discovery
Other jobs with similar skills
Project Lead - Ion Channels
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
HRS are currently looking for a Project Lead - Ion Channels to join a leading CRO based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Project Lead - Ion Channels you will be acting as the subject matter expert ...Science
View & Apply
Senior Research Scientist - Target Discovery
London | £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist - Target Discovery to join a leading Biotherapeutics Immuno-Oncology business in the Cambridge area. As the Senior Research Scientist - Target ...Science
View & Apply