Analytical Associate Scientist
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Analytical Associate Scientist to join a leading Contract Research Organisation based in the Oxfor... View Job
Study Analyst - GCMS / LCMS
My clients is currently looking for a Study Analyst - GCMS / LCMS to join their leading life sciences company based in the Suffolk area. As the Study ... View Job
Team Leader - Bioassay
We have an exciting opportunity for a for a Team Leader in Bioassay to join a global life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Te... View Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Analytical Automation Specialist to join a global life sciences company based in the Berkshire area. As the Senior Analytical Automation Specialist you will be responsible for developing and establishing automated methods to replace manual processes in the lab relating to performing analytical methods and sample preparation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Analytical Automation Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Programming and development of liquid handler robots. You will take ownership of the instrumentation and be expected to troubleshoot when required. Train other analysts in the use of liquid handler equipment and protocols
2. Critically review and interpret raw data & information to produce good quality process knowledge. Check for any issues affecting assays relating to scientific integrity, interpretation of data, calculation, transcription errors and SOP deviations
3. Work towards and help define automation strategy for the department.
4. Write reports to an agreed standard suitable for final review by project lead. Prepare and deliver presentations for internal use, customers and external conferences (as required).
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Analytical Automation Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD or BSc in relevant scientific / technical discipline and appropriate laboratory experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in the establishment, programming and troubleshooting of automated liquid handler systems (you will be expected to demonstrate competency with at least one system eg. Hamilton, Thermo, Agilent, Janus, Perkin Elmer).
3. Demonstrated experience in the development of automation methods to replace manual scientific processes (purification, assay, sample preparation).
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.