J3973CambridgeshireScience Permanent£30,000 to £40,000 per annumFull Time13/09/2017Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Chemist - Lubrication Science
We are currently looking for a Chemist (Lubrication Science) to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Chemist (Lubrication Scie... View Job
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently searching for a Team Leader to join a leading Analytical Service Provider based in the Hertfordshire area. A... View Job
We currently have a number of opportunities available for Manufacturing Chemists to join a growing life sciences manufacturing company based in the La... View Job
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Senior Analytical Chemist to join a leading life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area.
As the Senior Analytical Chemist, you will be responsible for primary testing activities including the analysis of drugs and substances prohibited in sport within a range of sample matrices, including biological samples (equine and canine) and complex nutritional supplements.
Due to the diverse range of analytes studied, a range of analytical technologies are employed, including high resolution accurate mass, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP-MS and clinical analysis.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Analytical Chemist sits within a project based team, developing, validating and running a variety of analytical methods utilising techniques such as chromatography and mass spectrometry. The ability to interpret scientific data and deliver comprehensive scientific reports and presentations is key to this role. The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Planning and conducting analytical work using appropriate techniques and in accord with the appropriate regulatory standards.
2. Development and validation of assays, including sample extraction, chromatography and mass spectrometry. Analysis of samples using GC-MS and/or LC-MS techniques.
3. Critical assessment and interpretation of scientific data.
4. Production of scientific reports and peer-reviewed papers.
5. As part of the team ensure that operational targets are met and exceeded where possible.
6. Presentation of scientific data to internal and external audiences.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Analytical Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will be required to have a degree or higher qualification in an appropriate scientific subject, as well as good scientific knowledge with practical experience of chromatography and mass spectrometry, including method development.
2. Knowledge / experience of immunoassay techniques and quality systems (ISO 17025) is desirable. Alongside this, any history of publication within peer-reviewed journals or production of scientific reports would be looked upon favourably.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.