Job Reference: J5632570
Updated On: 21/11/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Analytical Scientist - Biologics to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Analytical Scientist you will be responsible for developing analytical methods including immunoassays, 2D-gel electrophoresis, ELISA, HPLC, UPLC and more. This is a great opportunity for a junior analytical scientist to work in a more independent role or a PhD graduate that is looking for their first role in the industry.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Analytical Scientist - Biologics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be using analytical methods for the analysis of biologics samples, mainly on proteins.
2. You will be working independently and within a team to develop various analytical methods using a variety of techniques, including but not limited to: immunoassays, 2D-gel electrophoresis, ELISA, HPLC, UPLC.
3. Fully documenting all analytical testing in worksheet. You will be producing SOPs, protocols and other technical reports.
4. As the Senior Analytical Scientist - Biologics you will be training junior colleagues as well as assisting senior members of the team developing technical strategies.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Analytical Scientist - Biologics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science subject, including but not limited in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry etc.
2. Proven industry or academic experience in various analytical techniques on one or more of the below: immunoassays, 2D-gel electrophoresis, ELISA, HPLC, UPLC etc.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience working independently in the lab and performing method development on immunoassays and/or 2D-gel electrophoresis and/or ELISA, and/or HPLC and/or UPLC
Key Words: immunoassays / 2D-gel electrophoresis / ELISA / HPLC / UPLC / protein / sample preparation / analytical method / biologics / SOPs / protocols / reports / PhD / Graduate / Junior Scientist / Wiltshire
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Histology
Midlothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Scientist within Histology to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. Our client are known for offering specialist preclini...Science
View & Apply
Junior DNA Scientist
Cambridge | £17,000 - £20,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Junior DNA Scientist to join a leading scientific service provider based in Cambridge. As the Junior DNA Scientist you will be part of a dyanmic, young sequencing team ...Science
View & Apply