J3904WiltshirePharmaceutical Permanent£27,000 to £34,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time11/05/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Biochemistry – QC / Stability
Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry
Chemistry - Quality Control
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Deputy Chemistry QC Team Leader
We are currently looking for a Deputy QC Team Leader to join a leading life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Deputy QC Team Le... View Job
We are currently looking for a QC Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical company based up in the North East. As the QC Manager you will be responsib... View Job
We are currently searching for a QC Analyst to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Northamptonshire area. As the QC Analyst, you will b... View Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced biochemist to join a growing life sciences company in the Wiltshire area as a Senior Analytical Scientist.
The role of Senior Analytical Scientist is based in the Development and Manufacturing department. The company manufacture a life saving drug, and you will be responsible for provision of analytical chemistry services to support quality control testing of this product, raw materials and water systems.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Analytical Method Scientist will be varied however an outline of the role can be found below:
1. To ensure analysis and recording of QC and stability testing has been performed in compliance with the statutory requirements of cGMP. You will also take responsibility leading transfer and validation of methods from development labs into GMP QC labs.
2. Responsible for the testing of raw materials, in process and finished product samples to ensure that they meet the specifications established in the product licence and internal Porton Biopharma specification documents.
3. To supervise Junior QC Analytical staff and to schedule work for QC Analytical staff members to ensure that manufacturing deadlines are met.
4. You will carry out laboratory based analysis using the following techniques: HPLC and other chromatography techniques, spectrophotometry techniques, UV, Karl Fischer moisture testing and wet chemistry techniques.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Analytical Method Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a relevant life sciences of chemistry discipline. You should have prior experience working in a GMP compliant facility, carrying out QC testing or analysis on biopharmaceutical, protein, antibody or enzyme based products.
2. Proven experience carrying out method validation and transfer on some of the following techniques: HPLC and other chromatography techniques, spectrophotometry techniques, UV, Karl Fischer moisture testing and wet chemistry techniques.
3. You will be working as part of a team so you will be expected to work well as a part of a group, and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
NB: Although not a requirement for this role, having access to a car or bike is recommended to travel to and from site as there is limited public transport links in the area.
Key Words: Senior Scientist | GMP | ICH | biopharmaceutical | Protein | Antibodies | Enzymes | method validation | method transfer | HPLC | chromatography | spectrophotometry | UV | Karl Fischer moisture testing | wet chemistry
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.