J562933HertfordshirePharmaceutical Engineering CRO/CMO Permanent£45,000 to £58,000 per annumFull Time23/11/2018Engineering Engineering – Maintenance Engineering – Electrical Engineering – Control / Automation Engineering - Instrumentation
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
EC&I Engineer We are currently looking for an EC&I Engineer to join a global leading company who innovate and create chemicals for a variety of industries. As EC&I ... View Job
Field Service Engineer - Cambridge We are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to join a leading Biomedical equipment company. As the Field Service Engineer you will be respon... View Job
Field Service Engineer We are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to join an exciting innovative Biotechnology company providing services across the Life Sciences... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Automation Engineer you will be responsible for driving and advising on all Automation and Controls strategy across the business. This includes leading capital projects, building disaster recovery systems and being the technical lead for all Automation & Controls on-site. The right Senior Automation Engineer will have extensive PLC programming experience (S7/PCS7 proffered) and prior experience working in a GMP environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Automation Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Utilise your past experience to drive Automation & Controls strategy site wide including Capital Projects, Process, Production & Engineering. This will involve leading projects and managing relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
2. Responsible for leading and advising on appropriate planned maintenance across automation systems & controls. These will need to be completed in line with GMP and any other regulatory requirement in place.
2. Involvement in all things Automation & Controls to develop site maintenance strategies whilst keeping in mind the needs of operations, equipment, maintenance costs, reliability and any analysis needed. Also undertake fault finding and reactive maintenance on automated systems across the site when breakdowns occur
3. Using your previous experience and knowledge of Automation (PLC / HMI) programming to execute designing, writing, coding and testing control systems across production equipment, building services and any new / additional services to the business. S7/PCS7 is preferred although open to other PLC programming experience
4. Drive & support continuous improvement projects across all things Automation & Controls
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Automation Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or qualification in Electrical Engineering / Automation
2. Proven industry experience working in a highly regulated GMP regulated environment
3. A working knowledge and practical experience across Siemens PLC systems or similar - Must have experience programming and coding PLC / HMI control systems.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.