Microbiology Validation Technician We are currently looking for a Microbiology Validation Technician to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Micr... View Job
Inside Sales Account Manager We are currently looking for an Inside Sales Account Manager to join a leading company who design, develop, manufacture and market Genomics and Molecu... View Job
Scientific Officer (Microbiology) We are currently looking for a Scientific Officer (Microbiology) to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Scientif... View Job
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking to identify Senior Computational Biologists interested in joining an ever growing Biopharmaceutical company, based in the Cambridgeshire area, looking into the novel biomarker identification within the human Gut Microbiome. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will be responsible for the metagenomic analysis of microbial genomes for the identification of novel therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Bioinformatician - Microbiome will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Development of methods to enable the annotation and interpretation of metagenomes of the human gut microbes from clinical samples. You will use Metagenomics and AI to identify bacterial signatures associated with disease and drug response to aid the development of novel live bacterial therapeutics.
2. Develop pipelines, tools and databases to integrate and compare large-scale genomic data sets.
3. Identify, develop and implement new analytical, statistical and machine-learning methods to improve and extend our informatics platform.
4. Work collaboratively in a growing team at the early stages of novel drug development for the treatment of enteric infections, autoimmune disorders and cancer.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Bioinformatician - Microbiome we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Bioinformatics or a related discipline in addition to hands on experience with analysing genomic data, ideally metagenomic analysis.
2. Proven industry experience in the analysis of microbial genomics with high level understanding of programming languages such as Pythin or Perl and Linux command-line environment
3. Familiar with phylogenetic classifications of genomes / metagenomes as well as machine learning and pathway annotation tools and databases.
Key Words: Computational Biologist | Bioinformatician | Metagenomics | Machine Learning | Microbial Genomics | Microbiome | Gut Microbiome | Live Bacterial Therapeutics | LBT | Python | Perl | R | Linux | Transcriptomics | Metabolomics | Biomarkers |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.