Job Reference: J5637699
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatician to join an exciting enzyme research start-up company based in the London area. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will be responsible for leading the bioinformatics research by guiding the design of protein engineering experiments, and supporting the wet-lab team in the subsequent results analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Senior Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop and deploy bioinformatics solutions to aid with the enzyme and protein-based research within the entire company.
2. You will build on the company’s existing understanding of its immobilisation technology by suggesting and testing theories of how they can affect enzyme performance.
3. You will use your pipeline development experience to contribute to, test and maintain bioinformatics pipelines for enzyme performance analysis.
4. You will also lead your fellow scientists and bioinformaticians, pushing for both project and personal development.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. 5 years of industrial experience in an in silico protein engineering environment
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with protein engineering software (for example Pymol/Yasara) and de novo tools (for example AlphaFold/Rosetta).
Key Words: bioinformatician, proteins, proteomics, protein engineering, python, enzymes
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Biotechnology, IS&T, Life Sciences, Science
Skills: Informatics - Bioinformatics, Informatics - PhD, IT Pharma - Computational - Bioinformatics, IT Pharma - Computational - Bioinformatician, IT Pharma - Computational - Python, IT Pharma - Computational - Pipeline, IT Pharma - Computational - NGS, IT Pharma - Computational - Statistics