J562621CambridgeIS&T Permanent£45,000 to £65,000 per annum - dependent on experienceFull Time30/07/2018IT IT – Software Development IT - Software Development - Perl IT - Software Development
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Front End Web Developer We are currently looking for a Front End Web Developer to join a leading e-commerce company based in the Leeds, West Yorkshire area. As the Front End ... View Job
DevOps Engineer We are currently looking for a Principle DevOps Engineer to join a leading e-commerce company based in the Leeds, West Yorkshire area who have just ga... View Job
Software Developer We are currently looking for a Software Developer to join a leading company based in the London. As the Software Developer you will be responsible for... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatician to join an exciting start-up company based in the Cambridgeshire area, exploring Microbiome Therapeutic Discovery. There are various positions available suited to bioinformaticians, statisticians and programmers who will be involved in the technical development of all aspects of the analysis platform. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will be responsible for:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will implement production pipelines and extend them to meet necessary industry standards.
2. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will evaluate and implement new tools and technologies to improve the companies technical capabilities.
3. You will work on multi-disciplinary projects to develop software that will aid therapeutic discovery and development.
4. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will be innovative and help to shape the informatics to help meet the company needs to explore microbiome biomedicine.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will be educated to PhD or Masters level in Informatics, Computer Science, Statistics, Programming or have similar experience
2. Proven industry experience in working in production informatics environment and producing pipeline analysis on genome data. Experience in biology related background is essential.
3. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will be proficient in a high-level programming language such as Python or Perl.
Key Words: Genome, Computational Biology, Programming, Software, Gene, Informatics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Statistician, Pipeline, Analysis, Development, Life Science, Drug Discovery, Microbiome.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.