Job Reference: J5632346
Updated On: 14/10/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatician to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will be responsible for development of methods and statistical association used for clinical research.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As Senior Bioinformatician you will be responsible for developing tools and databases that will be used for the comparison of large genomic (meta)datasets.
2. You will be developing bioinformatics pipelines for the automatic annotation of genomic and microbiome data.
3. As the Bioinformatician you will be analysing and interpreting metagenomic data to identify biomarkers of disease as well as bacterial therapeutic leads.
4. You will be required to identify and implement new statistical and machine-learning methods to help support the expansion of the informatics platform.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or another related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in development of bioinformatics methods and pipelines for the analysis of large genomic datasets.
3. A working knowledge of microbial genomics and practical expertise programming in Python or Perl.
Key Words: Bioinformatician, Statistics, Machine Learning, Genomics, Genome, Microbiome, Python, Perl, Metagenomics, Informatics, Analysis, Pipeline, Data Analysis, Data, Automation, Biomarker, Linux, Biology, Clinical Research
Other jobs with similar skills
London | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Computational Biologist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the London area. As the Computational Biologist you will be responsible for informatics support ...Science
View & Apply
Senior Informatics Platform Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Informatics Platform Programmer to join a leading bio company based in the Cambridgeshire area focusing on personalised medicine. As the Senior Informatics Platfo...Science
View & Apply