Job Reference: J5631129
Updated On: 13/03/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Programmer to join a leading Genomics company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Bioinformatics Programmer you will be responsible for supporting the design and development of the companies informatics infrastructure.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Bioinformatics Programmer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Senior Bioinformatics Programmer you will use your Python programming to support the design and development of the companies informatics infrastructure including implementing production pipelines in a cloud computing environment.
2. You'll support the development and enhance the central data tracking system alongside integrating the companies technology and systems from lab to cloud.
3. You will collaborate in multi-disciplinary projects to ensure informatics provision for therapeutic discovery and development.
4. You will use Bioinformatics to optimise and streamline production pipelines and processes.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Bioinformatics Programmer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PHD or masters in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or equivalent experience
2. Demonstrable experience of working in a production informatics environment
3. You'll need to show that you are proficient in Python programming and can work to software development best practices
Key Words: Programming, software development, Bioinformatics, Bio, Genomics, PHD, Python, AWS, Cloud, Pipelines
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Informatics Platform Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Informatics Platform Programmer to join a leading bio company based in the Cambridgeshire area focusing on personalised medicine. As the Senior Informatics Platfo...Science
View & Apply
AWS IT Engineer
Staffordshire | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a AWS IT Engineer to join a leading technology focused company based in the Cannock, Staffordshire area. As the AWS IT Engineer you will be responsible for migration into ...Science
View & Apply