Job Reference: J5636332
Updated On: 19/04/2022
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join a leading Digital Health company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing analysis pipelines and tools that will revolutionise the way medical genetics work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities1. You will Create, develop and improve automated genomic data analysis pipelines and the supporting infrastructure to operate at a large scale.
2. Investigate and utilise third-party software tools and write novel software to solve problems and implement new product features.
3. Create solutions for common bioinformatics or clinical problems that improve software and services.
4. Collaborate in an Agile Scrum developer team, liaising with the Scrum Master and the Product Owner.
Role Requirements1. Degree in Computer Science with some post-grad biology or bioinformatics training, or Degree in Biological Science / Medical subject with demonstrable programming skills.
2. Experience working with a variety of NGS data formats and NGS data manipulation tools.
3. Strong programming ability in Python with the ability to write efficient, maintainable code.
Other jobs with similar skills
Cambridgeshire, | £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Bionformatics Developer to join a leading life science company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Bionformatics Developer you will be responsible for streamlining ...Science
View & Apply
Macclesfield | £25,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join a leading drug discovery solutions company based in the Macclesfield area. As the Bioinformatics Scientist you will be part of the bioin...Science
View & Apply