Job Reference: J5631965
Updated On: 05/08/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Biostatistician to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Biostatistician you will be responsible for involvement in the development of methods for statistical association and helping extend the companies informatics platform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Biostatistician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop methods for statistical association of large-scale (meta)genomics datasets with clinical metadata
2. Idenitfy, develop and implement new analytical, statistical and machine-learning methods to improve the companies informatics platform
3. Provide statistical input into study designs and analysis plans for complex datasets including clinical trials
4. Provide statistical support across the company
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Biostatistician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD or Masters in Biostatistics, statistics or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
2. Proficiency in a high-level programming language, e.g. Perl or Python.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with machine learning methods and running analyses on a high performance compute: farms, clusters or cloud.
4. Experience working with patient metadata and microbial genomics / metagenomics is desirable.
Key Words: Statistics, Biostatistician, Statistician, Perl, Python, Machine Learning, Cloud, AWS, genomics, metadata, metabolomics, modelling, informatics, data analysis
Other jobs with similar skills
Director of Biostatistics
Hertfordshire | £80,000 - £100,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Director of Biostatistics to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Stevenage, Hertfordshire area. As the Director of Biostatistics you will be responsible fo...Science
View & Apply
Senior Data Scientist
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Data Scientist you will be responsible for the contributi...Science
View & Apply