Job Reference: J5637620
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Senior Clinical Histology Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Clinical Histology Scientist you will be responsible for leading the entire Clinical Histology laboratory, whilst ensuring a variety of routing and specialised histology techniques and procedures are met to a high standard.
This is a great opportunity for a scientist to transition from the public clinical sector, and step into a innovative biotechnology company with huge opportunities to grow whilst contributing to early stage cancer research.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Senior Clinical Histology Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead the performance of routine and non-routine activities involved in handling, cutting, and distribution of tissue slides for microscopic evaluation either manually or automated in accordance to SOPs.
2. You will regularly troubleshoot and resolve histology related inquiries ensuring the production of the highest quality of embedding, microtomy, tissue grossing, tissue processing H&E staining, stays consistent to the companys demands.
3. You will perform validation tests throughout the set-up of the department and adhere to laboratory Quality Control policies, whilst identifying and raising problems that may affect test performance.
4. You will lead and train, mentor, and develop junior members of the team, ensuring appropriate guidance needs are met to enhance overall productivity.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Clinical Histology Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc degree in a scientific related field such as Biomedical Science, Biology etc. A HCPC registered BMS would be advantageous.
2. Proven experience working in a clinical laboratory environment where you have worked in a histology laboratory, and had responsibility over junior staff members.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with tissue staining, grossing, and processing within a clinical environment.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Science
Skills: Medical - Histology, Medical - Biomedical Scientist (HPC), Medical - Biomedical Scientist (BMS) - BMS - Haematology, Medical - Biomedical Scientist (BMS) - BMS - Histopathology, Medical - Biomedical Scientist (BMS) - BMS - Clinical Immunology