Job Reference: J5631586
Updated On: 14/02/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
We are currently looking for a Senior Computational Chemist to join a leading Contract Research Organisation based in the Nottingham area. As the Senior Computational Chemist you will be responsible for lead generation and lead optimisation, and supporting the company with drug discovery projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Computational Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Contributing to several projects, focussing on creating lead generation with the latest scientific software, and cloud-based technology, and solving challenging drug discovery problems for their clients.
2. Carrying out ligand-based design, and analysing large data sets to calculate ADME properties.
3. Using innovation and problem solving to contribute toward the Computer Aided Drug Discovery projects and work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Computational Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Computational Chemistry or related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in ligand based design, carrying out SAR analysis for the calculations for ADME properties.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with carrying out virtual screening using a variety of ligand based methods such as shape and fingerprint based technologies.
4. Experience with protein sequence analysis and homology modelling, knowledge of this across numerous protein classes, including GPCR's would be an advantage.
5. Familiarity with data pipelining tools and an ability to script in python is preferable.
Key Words: Computational, Chemist, PhD, Drug Design, SAR analysis, Data analysis, ADME, Virtual Screening, Homology Modelling, Python, Data Pipelining, Drug Discovery, Data, Protein Sequence Analysis, CRO
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Informatics Platform Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Informatics Platform Programmer to join a leading bio company based in the Cambridgeshire area focusing on personalised medicine. As the Senior Informatics Platfo...Science
View & Apply
Oxfordshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Computational Chemist to join a leading drug discovery CRO company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Computational Chemist you will be part of the research informati...Science
View & Apply