Job Reference: J5633061
Updated On: 03/03/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Computational Chemist to join a leading CRO based in the Nottinghamshire area. As the Senior Computational Chemist you will be responsible for computational chemistry support on all drug discovery projects covering things such as lead generation and lead optimisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Senior Computational Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a senior computational chemist you will contribute to several projects, focussing on creating lead generation with the latest scientific software, and cloud-based technology, and solving challenging drug discovery problems for their clients.
2. You will be expected to meet their client-base, understanding their requirements and delivering the drug discovery projects with the rest of the team. You will carry out ligand and structure-based drug design, along with analysing large data sets to calculate ADME and Tox properties.
3. As a senior computational chemist you will use innovation and problem solving to contribute toward the computer aided drug discovery projects and work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Computational Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Computational Chemistry or related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in ligand and structure-based design, carrying out SAR analysis for the calculations for ADME properties.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with carrying out virtual screening using a variety of ligand based methods such as shape and fingerprint based technologies.
4. Experience with protein sequence analysis and homology modelling, knowledge of this across numerous protein classes, including GPCR's would be an advantage.
5. Familiarity with data pipelining tools and an ability to script in python is preferable.
Key Words: Computational, Chemist, PhD, Drug design, SAR analysis, Data analysis, ADME, Virtual screening, Homology modelling, Python, Data pipelining, Drug discovery, Data, Protein sequence analysis, CRO
Other jobs with similar skills
Principal Computational Chemist
Hertfordhsire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Principal Computational Chemist to join a leading drug discovery CRO company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Principal Computational Chemist you will be responsi...Science
View & Apply
Oxfordshire | £30,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Data Scientist to join a leading chemical company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Data Scientist you will work closely with engineers and scientists to develop in...Science
View & Apply