Job Reference: J5637169
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Senior Computational Chemistry Developer to join a leading Drug Discovery and Development company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Computational Chemistry Developer you will be responsible for assisting the development of new scientific techniques and turning these into industry-leading software products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Computational Chemistry Developer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD-level scientist with a background in computational chemistry and/or molecular modelling, ideally in the field of drug discovery or similar industry.
2. Experience in scientific programming with Python, C, or C++.
3. Strong passion to help develop the tools which will enable the design of drugs of the future by advancing our understanding of molecular interactions.
Your duties as the Senior Computational Chemistry Developer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Researching new computational chemistry techniques and validating them (current emphases are on ligand-based virtual screening, ligand similarity, free energy methods and accelerated dynamics methods)
2. Working with academic collaborators to validate and benchmark software from academia.
3. Working independently on scientific research projects and producing white papers and scientific publications based on these.
4. Co-supervising PhD students with academic collaborators.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Contract Research Organisation, IS&T, Drug Discovery
Skills: Chemistry - Computational, IT Pharma - Computational - Cheminformatics