Job Reference: J5634858
Updated On: 28/04/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join a Global Life Sciences company based in London. As the Senior Data Engineer you will be responsible for leading the implementation of data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe role sits in the central Group Business Intelligence & Analytics team. With Snowflake's platform you to use data pipelines to move data into data lake or data warehouse. Your duties as the Senior Data Engineer will be mainly technical but partly consultative to help the business with data solutions. The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Senior Data Engineer you will be designing and developing processes for acquiring data from disparate data sources using innovative methods (e.g. API, streaming).
2. In the role you will Design data models and metadata systems to enable analysts to work more effectively.
3. The Senior Data Engineer will design, develop and optimise the Group Data Foundation (GDF) to meet business requirements. Ensuring that new and existing and technical implementations continue to perform against agreed performance metrics.
4. The role requires an inquisitive individual to help contribute to selection and recommendation of new analytical tools matching requirements and/or analytics strategy. Researching and understanding impact of emerging technologies on the organisation and how they might best be introduced for wider usage.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Data Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Extensive, demonstrable experience of Structure Query Language (SQL).
2. Proven industry experience of implementing Data Vault 2.0 on Snowflake
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with working in a hybrid cloud enabled end to end analytics infrastructure.
Other jobs with similar skills
Lead Bioinformatics Scientist
Macclesfield | £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Lead Bioinformatics Scientist to join a leading biotech company based in the Macclesfield area. As the Lead Bioinformatics Scientist you will be responsible for leading ...Science
View & Apply
Bioinformatics Pipeline Developer
Cambridgeshire | £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Pipeline Developer to join a leading Biotech company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Bioinformatics Pipeline Developer you will be working on ea...Science
View & Apply