Job Reference: J5631805
Updated On: 05/07/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Data Scientist you will be responsible for the contributing to a BioMarker discovery platform and being involved in exciting diagnostic development projects for detection of early stage cancer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Senior Data Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Senior Data Scientist you will be developing, testing and maintaining the machine learning and AI components for biomarker discovery within a clinical setting.
2. Assessment of new technologies for appliance to data science whilst adhering and understanding all quality standards and regulations.
3. Deployment of systems to cloud platforms, such as the use cloud platforms specific to genomics (such as DNAexus)
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Data Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Data Science, Computing, Bioinformatics or another related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience applying Machine learning in projects, using methods such as supervised learning and strong python software engineering.
3. Strong programming ability in languages such as Python, R or Julia, and familiarity with python libraries (such as Numpy, Pandas, Tensorflow), alongside this be competent using Linux technologies.
4. A working knowledge and practical experience with high throughput genomic datasets such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, WGBS is desirable.
5. An understanding of clinical diagnostics, epigenomics, cancer biology or cancer epigenomics would be advantageous.
Key Words: Data, Data Science, Programming, Software Engineering, Python, Perl, R, Epigenomics, Machine Learning, AI, Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics
Other jobs with similar skills
Graduate Management Trainee
Manchester | Experience Dependant
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS) are searching for a Graduate Management Trainee to join their 2019 graduate intake. The business is proud to have won ‘Best UK recruitment company under 50 employees’...Science
View & Apply
Director of Biostatistics
Hertfordshire | £80,000 - £100,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Director of Biostatistics to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Stevenage, Hertfordshire area. As the Director of Biostatistics you will be responsible fo...Science
View & Apply