Key Duties and Responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities:
As a Senior DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining & improving the current cloud-based infrastructure, working closely with a team of developers & computational scientists to produce code changes, planning & leading releases.
As a senior team member, you will also be leading & mentoring junior team members, acting as a point of escalation for the UK group and liaising / coordinating with colleagues and partners based in the USA.
- OS: Linux – RedHat family
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform Cloud, CloudFormation
- Configuration as code: Ansible
- Version Control and CI/CD: bitbucket (git + bitbucket pipelines for CI/CD), CircleCI, Jenkins
- VPN: openvpn, AWS VPN
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Cloudwatch, Grafana
- AWS: EC2, VPC (including transit gateway), S3, RDS, Route53, Control Tower, Transfer Family, CloudFormation (parallel cluster), Batch, ECR, ECS, EKS, SSO, Amazon Grafana, Amazon Prometheus, CloudWatch
- Azure: Some soft integrations with Azure (Azure DevOps, Blob Storage)
- HPC: all cloud based – AWS Parallel Cluster and AWS Batch
- Webapps: Python (django, gunicorn, celery), Java (gradle)
- Bioinformatics: Python, R, Perl, C++
- Mix of monolithic and containerized