Job Reference: J5631722
Updated On: 15/07/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist you will provide a scientific and technical specialism in DSP projects which are involved in the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform procedures such as tangential flow filtration, chromatography and AKTA purification while supporting downstream process development and process characterisation. When necessary, you will assist senior colleagues in developing the scientific and technical strategy of the projects.
2. It will be your job to liaise with external collaborators and customers of the company, making sure to actively seek out new innovations. You will also play a key role in the technology transfer of the product development and manufacture information to the external collaborators and customers.
3. You will be required to troubleshoot equipment, validate processes and manufacture problem solving activities within the process development and manufacturing teams.
4. As the Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist, it will be your responsibility to train staff when necessary and supervise the Downstream laboratory, ensuring the work complies to quality and safety policies as well as cGMP.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science subject (e.g. Biological Sciences, Biological Engineering, Immunotherapy, Biotechnology, Bioprocess, etc.) is essential for this position.
2. Proven industry experience in a Downstream Process Development environment will be highly beneficial to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA purification systems will be necessary for this job. Additional experience in using statistical and mathematical software will be beneficial.
Key Words: Downstream | DSP | Process Development | Bioprocess | Biotherapeutics | Biopharmaceutical | AKTA | Purification | UNICORN | Chromatography | Biotechnology | Scientist | Manufacturing | Optimisation | Characterisation
Other jobs with similar skills
Downstream Development Scientist
Essex, East | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Downstream Development Scientist to join an innovative company based in the Essex area. As the Downstream Development Scientist you will be responsible for the developme...Science
View & Apply
Cheshire | Experience Dependant
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a MS&T Director to join a Global and fast growing Biotechnology company based in the North West of England. As the MS&T Director you will be required t...Science
View & Apply