Job Reference: J5633267
Updated On: 18/05/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Downstream Scientist to join an innovative biologics company based in the North Yorkshire area. As the Senior Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for leading small and medium scale projects and contributing to the delivery and realisation of these projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work alongside the DSP Team Leader to rapidly develop scalable primary separation and product isolation processes in a scale-down evaluation facility.
2. It will be your responsibility to technically manage R&D and/or commercial projects, as well as co-ordinate the team and their activities. The projects will be for both internal and external clients.
3. As the Senior Downstream Scientist, you will evaluate and develop new downstream processing technologies for industrial bio-based products.
4. You will manage the scale-up of downstream processes.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree, or equivalent, in a Scientific or Engineering subject is highly beneficial.
2. Proven industry experience in downstream process technical role where you have been involved in trouble shooting and problem solving will be necessary.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with performing recovery or separation of bio-based products is required. This can include centrifugation, filtration, evaporation, drying and chromatography methods.
Key Words: DSP | Downstream Process | Process Development | Bio-Based | Biologics | Scale-Up | Scale Up | Scale-Down | Scale Down | Industrial | Biotechnology | Purification | Chromatography | Filtration | Centrifugation | Separation | Senior Scientist | Project Management | Process | Pilot Plant | R&D | Research and Development | Manufacturing
Other jobs with similar skills
Technology Transfer Principal Scientist
Berkshire, Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Technology Transfer Principal Scientist to join the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) team within a global Biotechnology company at their facility in the Berks...Science
View & Apply
Senior Fermentation Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Senior Fermentation Scientist to join a leading Biologics company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for leadi...Science
View & Apply