Job Reference: J5634932
Updated On: 17/05/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Senior Downstream Scientist
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Downstream Scientist to join a leading CDMO company based in the Merseyside area. As the Senior Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for the development of downstream processes and scale up of gene therapy products.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Leading the transfer and process development from lab scale to pilot or commercial scale of gene therapy products such as AAVs, lenti- viral vectors or other viral vectors.
2. Performing downstream chromatography purification techniques such as ion exchange, size exclusion, affinity using AKTA systems and UNICORN software.
3. As a Senior Downstream Scientist, you will use continuous improvement and design of experiment (DOE) for experiments of the manufacturing of clinical GMP batches.
4. Implementing scale up of bulk drug substances from microbial or mammalian based processes while co-ordinating scientists for the scale up and transfer of gene therapy products.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences degree such as biotechnology, biochemistry, industrial biotechnology
2. Proven industry experience in process development for DSP.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with purification techniques such as AKTA systems and UNICORN including ion exchange chromatography, affinity chromatography and size exclusion.
Key Words: Bioprocess / Bioprocessing / DSP / Downstream / Purification / Filtration / Chromatography / AKTA / TFF / GLP / GMP / Good Laboratory Practice / Good Manufacturing Practice / Life Sciences / Biopharmaceuticals / Pharmaceuticals / R&D / Development / Research / Scale Up / Manufacturing / Pilot Scale / UNICORN / Senior Scientist / North West / Merseyside / CDMO
Other jobs with similar skills
Wiltshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Technician to join a well-established biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Production Technician you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Production Scientist to join a leading contract manufacturing organisation based in the Staffordshire area. As the Production Scientist you will be responsible for produ...Science
View & Apply