J4381DerbyshireEnvironmental PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time05/09/2017Biochemistry Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Bioanalytical R&D R&D – General Science Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Quality Control Analyst
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Analyst to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the South Somerset area. As the Quality Contro... View Job
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Senior Study Analyst to join a leading company based in the Suffolk area. As the Senior Study ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Ecotoxicologist / Supervisor to join a leading company based in the Derbyshire area. As the Senior Ecotoxicologist / Supervisor you will be responsible for assisting with study conduct and assisting management with aspects concerning capital expenditure, accounting, customer liaison, supporting and generating quotations, staff recruitment, staff training and assessment, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and striving to ensure that the smooth day to day running of the department is maintained in conjunction with management and other senior staff. Working towards increasing efficiency and productivity as well as reducing overheads and meeting financial targets is an important aspect. Study Direction and management will also be part of the role.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Ecotoxicologist / Supervisor will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Supporting management and the Ecotoxicology team with administration of the department, including supporting the smooth day to day running of the department and study management and direction.
2. Maintaining laboratory documentation to a satisfactory standard, satisfying the requirements of GLP. This includes preparing, reviewing, up-dating, issuing etc: Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's); updating Training Records/Competence Assessments, Curricula Vitae, Job Descriptions etc for all staff in co-ordination with the management team.
3. Conducting and ensuring that calibrations and maintenance are undertaken, as necessary, in co-ordination with the relevant members of staff and management, and that the associated paperwork is maintained.
4. Line Management - Training new and existing staff in new techniques/procedures and maintaining associated documentation. Assisting with recruitment of new staff. Involved in the co-ordination of annual staff reviews for all staff within the department. Assisting with performance management and disciplinary action within the department and maintaining associated documentation.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Ecotoxicologist / Supervisor we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences focussed discipline, plus further experience working in an ecotoxicology role.
2. Proven industry experience managing or supervising a team of scientists.
3. You will require technical knowledge and experience in the field of ecotoxicology, eg. aquatic ecotoxicology, terrestrial ecotoxicology etc.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.