J3658ClevelandBiotechnology Science Agrochemical PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time10/03/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing
Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Process Scientist (Upstream)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Process Scientist to join a growing biopharmaceutical company based in Merseyside. As the Se... View Job
Bioprocess Technical Specialist
An exciting opportunity for a Bioprocess Technical Specialist to join an expanding global pharmaceutical company based in the North Wales area. As the... View Job
Senior Upstream Processing Scientist
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Processing Scientist to join an Life Sciences company based in the North East. As the Senior Upstream P... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Fermentation Scientist to work with the Biotechnology and Biorefining platform at an exciting biotechnology company based in the North Yorkshire area. As the Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for identifying and building internal tools and capability to keep the the technology platform at the forefront of efficient, rational process development and scale-up. You will also provide professional guidance to colleagues and promote continuous professional development of both yourself and the team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for providing efficient and effective technical leadership for both the process development and technical transfer of microbial-based fermentation projects from laboratory to plant scale.
2. Work closely with CPI's Business Development and Project Delivery teams to provide high quality technical advice to ensure the smooth running and execution of internal and client projects.
3. You will specialise in at least one of the following areas: rational scale-down, steady state fermentation (evolution or omics support), fermentation process control and/or modelling, C1 gas fermentation, and microbial physiology characterisation and be a subject matter expert within this.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life science discipline along with industry experience within fermentation.
2. Proven industry experience in at least one of the following areas: rational scale-down, steady state fermentation (evolution or omics support), fermentation process control and/or modelling, C1 gas fermentation, and microbial physiology characterisation.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with biochemical processes in an applied research or industrial environment.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.