Job Reference: J5635234
Updated On: 08/09/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior IT Manufacturing Engineer to join a leading Pharmaceutical manufacturing organisation based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior IT Manufacturing Engineer, you will join a wider IT team in a hands on role supporting the company’s IT Infrastructure
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesIn this role you will work in the manufacturing area of the business working on bespoke IT systems with the prodction staff to deliver infrastructure projects and support incidents across a series of technologies: Network and Security, Server, EUC and manufacturing control systems whilst the business expands on its IT capabilities supporting business growth. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer role will support multi disciplines and the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Infrastructure Engineer you will initially focus on the adoption of manufacturing and laboratory control systems into IT support and help execute infrastructure replacement and improvement projects as well as Architect infrastructure to meet evolving business requirements.
2. The Infrastructure Engineer will maintain and look to continuously improve: Data Centre and Cloud Assets, Virtualisation Platform, Server Platform and Active directory.
3. The role requires outstanding communications skills to work closely with employees, technical resources from IT + 3rd party suppliers and QA on IT quality and validation issues.
4. In this role you will Log all actions in the Service Desk software package (ServiceNow) and help assist with 3rd Line Desktop, Network and IT Support to the 1100 users in the organisation.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Infrastructure Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Bachelor’s degree in an IT / Computer Science related subject or sufficient experience in Server, Desktop and Network Administration experience.
2. Proven experience working in a manufacturing environment. If this is within the Pharmaceutical sector being highly desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Microsoft Server, Desktop and Active Directory Skills, Knowledge of VMWare administration - VSAN and NSX are a bonus and Knowledge of enterprise DR and replication technologies, preferably Veeam
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Network Analyst
Staffordshire | £40,000 - £47,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Network Analyst to join a leading Environmental company contributing to the sustainable development of industries and communities based in the Staffordshire area....Science
View & Apply
IT Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Staffordshire | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work in a Service Operations department for a Leading Environmental company based in the Staffordshire area. This would be an exciting ...Science
View & Apply