J562791CambridgeshirePharmaceutical FMCG/Food Engineering Permanent£50,000 to £65,000 per annumFull Time30/08/2018Continuous Improvement Six Sigma Operations Operations – Leadership Engineering Engineering – Improvement / Lean Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
API Operations Manager A fantastic opportunity has become available for an API Operations Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Kent area. As the AP... View Job
Fermentation Group Manager We are currently looking for a Fermentation Group Manager to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in the Teeside area. As the Fermentation G... View Job
Process Safety Lead Engineer An exciting opportunity for a Process Safety Lead Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company based in the Hull area has become available. As the... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Senior Manufacturing Operations Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Manufacturing Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient manufacturing site and full shift operations under GMP/FDA/MHRA regulation. The right candidate will have previous experience leading Manufacturing Operations in a regulated environment (Pharma, Chemical, Food, FMCG), driving continuous improvement activities and working closely with the Engineering department to ensure site runs efficiently and effectively.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Manufacturing Operations Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as following:
1. Oversee all manufacturing operations processes linked to API production and Waste processes in a 24/7 operating manufacturing facility. The site is GMP regulated and FDA/MHRA approved and requires all areas of manufacturing to adhere to these regulations.
2. Direct line responsibility of 5 managers and 3 technical reports
3. Manage the APl production team ensuring that production teams are appropriately resourced, trained and briefed regarding plant activity and departmental goals. Manages the performance of the production team, setting goals and related KPI's, monitoring and correcting performance as appropriate.
4. Work and Build a close relationship across Engineering to ensure clear communication and expectations are kept across maintenance support.
5. Manage key relationship's with internal and external stakeholders to strengthen the relationships with relevant leaders/stakeholders.
6. Drives Continuous Improvement Strategy by applying the various principles of Continuous Improvement and teamwork on site.
7. Monitors plant progress against the plan daily and facilitate the changes required in order to stay on plan.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the API Operations Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Scientific or Engineering discipline
2. Proven experience managing the manufacturing operations in a regulated GMP environment - (Pharma, Chemicals, Food, FMCG)
3. Previous experience managing and driving positive results through CI activities.
Key Words: Operations Manager | Pharmaceutical | API | Production | Manufacturing | Chemical | GMP | COMAH | Food | FMCg | Engineering | FDA | MHRA | Manufacturing Operations Manager
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.