J4514BerkshirePharmaceutical PermanentCompetitiveFull Time15/03/2018Biophysics / Biosimilars Bioassay Pharmacology Pharmacology – in vitro Pre Clinical Research
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Principal Scientist - Immunology We have an exciting opportunity available for a Principal Scientist to join an expanding life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. As the Pri... View Job
Research Scientist- Immunology We are currently looking for a Research Scientist - Immunology to join a leading Therapeutics Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As th... View Job
Technologist We are currently looking for a Technologist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Berkshire area. As the Technologist you will be respo... View Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a laboratory based Senior Molecular Pharmacologist to join a leading life sciences company based in the Berkshire area.
As the Senior Molecular Pharmacologist you will be responsible for carrying out laboratory based duties associated with receptor theory and enzyme pharmacology. You will apply quantitative pharmacology in both practical and theoretical settings.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Molecular Pharmacologist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead a range of Molecular Pharmacology based projects and will work across functional teams and with external partners to identify the Mode of Action of a range of Small and Large Molecules.
2. Act as the internal expert in relocation to:
- Receptor Theory (GPCR / Ion Channel) - Enzyme Kinetics - Binding Kinetics - Quantitative Pharmacology
3. Run a range of assays including but not limited to enzyme assays; Protein-Protein interactions; ITC; NTC; NMR and MS
4. You will play a hands on role in the drug discovery and development of vital and novel therapeutics.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Molecular Pharmacologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or PhD in a relevant life sciences based discipline, eg. Pharmacology, Immunology, Biochemistry etc. You will also require significant experience of in vitro pharmacology in a drug discovery setting. You should also have the ability to use experimental design and data analysis to extract information such as affinities, rate constants, and mechanisms from equilibrium and pre-equilibrium assays.
2. Substantial experience of developing and validating biochemical and cellular assays, including mode of action, kinetics, biacore. This must be combined with an understanding of hit discovery and common faults and pit-falls that plague drug discovery campaigns.
3. You will have an established network in the in vitro pharmacology field, and have publications in the pharmacological literature.
Key Words: Pharmacology | Molecular Pharmacology | Pharmacologist | In vitro Pharmacology | Mode of Action | kinetics | binding kinetics | binding assays | SPR | Biacore | Drug Discovery | Enzymology | GPCR | Ion Exchange |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.