J5541CheshirePharmaceutical Medical Devices Engineering Permanent£50,000 to £70,000 per annumFull Time03/05/2018New Product Introduction Engineering Engineering – Mechanical Engineering – Project Engineering – Design
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Engineer - Engines Engineer - Engines We are currently looking for an Engineer to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. This is a an exciting position fo... View Job
Facilities Engineer Facilities Engineer£30,000 - £35,000 Mon-Fri - No Shifts A fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Engineer to join a leading Pharmaceutical organisati... View Job
Facilities Engineer Facilities EngineerShift Allowance & Overtime available An exciting opportunity has just opened for a Facilities Engineer to join a leading Life Scien... View Job
Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer x2 £50,000 - £70,000 (Management and Non-management roles available)
We are currently looking for a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer to join a leading medical devices business based in the Cheshire area. As the Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer you will be a lead member of the R&D Engineering team responsible for development of new sterile injectable devices.
Medical Devices background is ideal, but not essential. If you have experience in R&D Engineering and have experience in a Safety Critical industry this could be the right opportunity for you.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Working on medical sterile devices development projects from Conception to Manufacturing - mainly combination products across liquid injectable devices (Pre filled syringes, Pen Injectors, Auto Injectors). Some projects are multi year projects where you will play a key part on design control.
2. As part of the R&D Engineering department you will manage internal stakeholders as well as 3rd party suppliers - You will perform the role of Design Authority with all parties involved and manage day to day activities with all external design, manufacturing and supply companies.
3. Ensure that all products the R&D team are developing are robust using appropriate engineering design and analysis ensuring reliability as well as safety. Must be confident in challenging stakeholders from an engineering perspective to ensure robustness and effectiveness of design.
4. Whilst keeping to regulations you will need to develop clear product requirements, specifications and verification documentation.
5. 10% of your role would require travelling out the office to suppliers facilities or other manufacturing sites when supporting projects.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an Engineering, Scientific or Technical Discipline
2. Proven industry experience in product research and development - Concept to commercialisation
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Medical Devices is preferred - alternatively any industry where a focus on "safety critical" would be transferable
Key Words: Engineer | Senior Engineer | Principal Engineer | Medical Devices | R&D | Research | Development | Product Development | Design | Sterile Device | Pharmaceutical | Aerospace | Mechanical Engineering | Sterile Liquids
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.