J5630513NorfolkBiotechnology CRO/CMO Science PermanentDependent on ExperienceFull Time26/11/2018Biophysics / Biosimilars Biochemistry Biochemistry – Purification Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Process Development Scientist We are currently looking for a Process Development Scientist to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in Norfolk. As the Process Development ... View Job
Downstream Senior Research Associate We are currently looking for a Downstream Senior Research Associate to join a leading Antibody research company based Cambridgeshire. As the Downstrea... View Job
Gene Therapy Operations Director We are currently looking for a Gene Therapy Operations Director to join a leading company based in the South East of England. As the Gene Therapy Oper... View Job
We are currently looking for a Process Development Scientist to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in Norfolk. As the Process Development Scientist you will work in our purpose built state-of-the-art facility as part of the downstream purification team developing and validating protein purification processes for various high value proteins and complex natural products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for applying a variety of techniques (FPLC (ÄKTA), micro and ultrafiltration, SDS-PAGE, biophysical analysis and biochemical assays) to deliver research and non-clinical grade products to a variety of specifications for both grant-based projects and commercial customers.
2. Develop and optimise purification processes for protein products for use in both internal R&D and for customers. Apply techniques, such as filtration and FPLC, to ensure process scalability and commercial viability of products.
3. You will work closely with the Process Development Manager in preparing proposals for new customer's projects whilst ensuring all downstream operating budgets deliver the business goals and individual project costs.
4. Ensure that technological advances are taken into consideration in downstream processing activities by keeping abreast of the literature and attending conferences.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Process Development Scientist / Senior Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc degree and PhD in subjects biochemistry, biology, biotechnology or an associated life science.
2. Proven industrial or academic experience of research and development of purification processes for proteins is essential for this position.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA, Ultrafiltration, SDS-PAGE and Western Blotting within a biopharmaceutical environment will be highly desirable for this position.
Key Words: DSP, Downstream Processing, Purification, Development, R&D, Research, GMP, AKTA, Process Development, PD, QbD, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, Life Science, Biotechnology, Biopharmaceuticals.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.