J3502MerseysideBiotechnology Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time30/01/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing
Biochemistry - Expression
Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Upstream Processing Scientist
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Processing Scientist to join an Life Sciences company based in the North East. As the Senior Upstream P... View Job
Senior Production Technician
We are currently looking for a Senior Production Technician to join an exciting Life Science company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Produc... View Job
Process Development Manager
We are currently looking for a Process Development Consultant Manager to join a Global Biotechnology company, the position will be 50% home based work... View Job
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Process Scientist to join a growing biopharmaceutical company based in Merseyside. As the Senior Process Scientist you will be responsible for performing a wide range of activities associated with the design, development, scale-up, technical transfer, process characterisation, validation and cGMP clinical manufacture of bulk drug substances expressed from mammalian, viral, or microbial expression systems. The main focus of this position will be on cell therapy.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Technical lead for the transfer and execution of upstream processing projects from process development into the production (cleanroom) facility at pilot and clinical scale.
2. Prepare daily activity plans to deliver projects and communicate to other senior scientists and scientists working on the project as well as other contributing departments, such as Analytical Sciences, Engineering and QA.
3. You will take specific responsibility for leading the delivery of a programme of work within the group including the co-ordination of scientists. The Senior Scientist is required to support technical transfer from or to partner companies and internally to / from manufacturing teams.
4. Responsibility as technical lead for the design of a programme of work or batch manufacture, ensuring work is designed and delivered with clear mitigation of risks.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science discipline, such as Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, or similar along with relevant industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in upstream processing for the production of biopharmaceuticals within a GMP environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a variety of platforms including Cell Therapy, mammalian and microbial would be highly advantageous.
Key Words: Upstream Processing | Process Development | Cell and Gene Therapy | Tech Transfer | Senior Scientist | Fermentation | Bioreactor | Biopharmaceutical | GMP |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.