Job Reference: J562991
Updated On: 26/09/2018
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Process Scientist to join a leading gene therapy company based in the Liverpool area. As the Senior Process Scientist you will be responsible for performing a wide range of activities associated with the design, development, scale-up, technical transfer, process characterisation, validation and cGMP clinical manufacture of bulk drug substances expressed from mammalian, viral or microbial expression systems.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Process Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be the technical lead for project activity and the associated planning of daily activities, the transfer and execution of projects from process development into the production facility at pilot and clinical stage, as well as for the cGMP activities to produce clinical drug substance.
2. It will be your responsibility to review internal and external process and facility validation reports, write protocols, analyse data, authorise reports and review protocols etc. This will all work towards your role in maintaining a safe and efficient laboratory environment.
3. You will prepare daily activity plans to deliver projects and communicate to other senior scientists and scientists working on the project as well as other contributing departments, such as Analytical Sciences, Engineering and QA.
4. You will manage laboratory areas, including supervision of scientists, resolve day to day equipment or technical issues and escalate issues when necessary to Senior Managers.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Process Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant BSc degree in a relevant science or engineering subject (e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, etc.) is a requirement for this job. This will be alongside industrial experience within the field of bioprocess development, scale-up or cGMP manufacturing.
2. Proven industry experience in using molecular biology techniques such as cloning, plasmid manipulation, sequence and data analysis and interpretation in addition to Gene Therapy knowledge (theoretical and practical) is required for this position. You should also have a knowledge and previous experience with mammalian and microbial based processes.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with leadership skills. This will include technical leadership of projects. This is in addition to a knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practice.
Key Words: Process Scientist / Senior Process Scientist / Upstream Process / cGMP / Gene Therapy / AAV / Bioprocess / Biotechnology / Clinical / Mammalian / Microbial / Validation / Biological Development
Other jobs with similar skills
Upstream Process Development Associate
Oxford | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Upstream Process Development Associate to join a leading immunotherapy company based in the Oxford area. As the Upstream Process Development Associate, you will be respo...Science
View & Apply
Tech Transfer Specialist
Wrexham, Wrexham | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Tech Transfer Specialist you will be responsible for providing technical knowledge in Upstream and Downstream manufacturing processes and activities, introducing new pro...Science
View & Apply