Job Reference: J5631997
Updated On: 06/08/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for a Senior Protein Engineer to join a leading Biotech company based in Stevenage. As the Senior Protein Engineer, you will be part of the protein engineering team with a goal to identify better molecules within the gene therapy field. This is a great opportunity for a senior scientist / post doc with extensive experience in protein engineering and protein characterisation to take their next step in their career.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Protein Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible in leading the design, development and production of novel proteins into the cell and gene therapy field.
2. As the Senior Protein Engineer you will manage a team of researchers.
3. You will be involved in characterisation of proteins.
4. Deal with the preparation of patents and publications.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Protein Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Biological or Physical Sciences, such as biochemistry, structural biology, biological sciences, biophysics etc.
2. Proven experience with biochemical and biophysical methods including but not limited to ELISA, Western Blot, Immunoassay, spectroscopy, Mass Spectrometry (MS), dynamic light scattering, SPR (surface plasma resonance) , MSR, NMR etc.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with bioinfromatics techniques and 3D structure software.
Senior Scientist / Management / Protein Characterisation / Protein Engineering / Cell and Gene Therapy / MS / ELISA / Chromatography / Protein-Protein interaction / Structural Biology / Protein Discovery
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Protein Stability and Formulation
Cambridgeshire | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist to join a Biopharmaceutical company based in the Cambridge area. As the Senior Scientist you will be responsible for independently leading, designing, p...Science
View & Apply
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Edinburgh area. This new role of Project Manager will report directly to the Head of Project Del...Science
View & Apply