J562729Edinburgh CityScience Environmental PermanentDependent on Experience Full Time14/01/2019Chemistry Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry Quality Assurance - UKAS Chemistry - Quality Control
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Quality Manager Are you an experienced ISO17025 Quality Manager looking for an exciting new opportunity?We are currently looking for a Quality Manager to join a leadi... View Job
QC Analyst We are currently looking for a QC Analyst to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Essex area. As the QC Analyst you will be responsible ... View Job
Senior Analytical Development Chemist We are currently looking for an Analytical Development Scientist to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. The Analytical Scientist in ... View Job
Are you an experienced senior chemist looking for a new exciting opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Senior Chemist to join a leading company based in the Edinburgh area.
As the Senior Chemist, you will be responsible for providing specialist report writing and report quality control as well as maintain and develop the Environmental department. You will also have technical input to support proposal production and preparation of other documents deliverables.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will primarily be responsible for ensuring the overall quality and accuracy of analytical data reported, through report quality control, working closely with the principal chemists and report coordinating team.
2. You will also be responsible for contributing to the environmental departments reporting requirements to the company's required standard and formats, as well as adhering to ISO17025.
3. You will support the preparation of technical and commercial proposals as well as supporting the analysis of samples and interpretation of results using all available analytical systems.
4. As the senior chemist within report QC, you will also support chemistry specific training and be involved with routine maintenance of the chemistry laboratory analytical equipment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemistry focussed discipline as well as significant experience working in the field of environmental chemistry.
2. Proven industry experience in scientific report writing is essential.
3. Practical experience of chemical analysis and interpretation of results in the field of environmental / oil and gas chemistry is also essential.
Key Words: Senior Chemist | Chemistry | Environmental | Oil and Gas | Report Writing | Quality Control | Scientific Writing | Analytical Chemistry | Chromatography | UKAS ISO17025
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.