Job Reference: J5630974
Updated On: 13/02/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Downstream Senior Research Associate to join a leading Antibody research company based Cambridgeshire. As the Downstream Senior Research Associate you will be responsible for the development of processes to support the production of a variety of proteins and antibodies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Downstream Senior Research Associate will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform lab scale production of fusion proteins and a variety of Antibodies. You will also develop methods to improve the process for the production of these proteins.
2. As the Downstream Senior Research Associate, you will work with AKTA Systems in a variety of configurations to determine the most efficient method of production. You will also work with HPLC and SDS-PAGE to generate accurate data to analyse to support the method development schemes.
3. You will ensure that the daily lab operations are carried out smoothly and provide technical leadership for more junior members of the team. You will also liaise with a multitude of other teams internally to support business growth and development.
4. You will represent the Protein Sciences Production and Characterisation activities within interdisciplinary project teams.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Senior Research Associate we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life science discipline and industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience with AKTA systems, HPLC, SDS-PAGE and other biochemistry techniques.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Antibodies in a Biotechnological background.
Key Words: Antibody | Biotechnology | Biotech | Biopharma | Biology | Biochemistry | Antibodies | AKTA | FPLC | Chromatography | Proteins | Protein | Purification | Development | R+D | Research
Other jobs with similar skills
Downstream Process Scientist
Darlington, County Durham | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Downstream Processing Scientist to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in the County Durham area. As the Downstream Processing Scientist you will be responsib...Science
View & Apply
Bridgend, Bridgend | Experience Dependant
HRS are currently searching for an MSAT Specialist to join a fast growing Cell Therapy company based in South Wales. As the MSAT Specialist you will be responsible for transferring processes to manufa...Science
View & Apply