Job Reference: J5631575
Updated On: 04/06/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area on an initial 6-month contract basis which is likely to extend. As the Senior Research Scientist you will be responsible for supporting early-stage target validation through to late stage pre-clinical evaluation projects and generating protein reagents.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for the expression and purification of proteins for the generation of antibodies, structural studies, in Biochemical assays and for biophysical characterisation studies.
2. You will assist in developing strategies to express, purify and characterise target proteins from a range of protein classes.
3. You will work across a variety of projects including antibody discovery, enzymology, crystallography, biophysical and be able to overcome problems and provide solutions.
4. You will use AKTA and UNICORN-based chromatography equipment as well as using a variety of different techniques, including but not limited to, HPLC, ELISA and electrophoresis to assess product purity and protein characterisation.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc, MSc or PhD in a Biology based degree e.g Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology
2. Proven industry experience using AKTA / Unicorn software. Experience with X-ray crystallography or electron microscopy is desirable
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with protein purification
Key Words: Protein / Purification / Processing / AKTA / UNICORN / Biology / Antibody / Mammalian / Cell Culture / HPLC / Chromatography / Scientist / PhD / Characterisation / PyMOL / SDS-PAGE / Structural Biology / Biophysics / Crystallography / Cell Expression / Target Protein / Microscopy / Biochemistry
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Principal Scientist - MSAT
Berkshire, Berkshire | Experience Dependant
HRS are currently searching for Principal Scientist - MSAT to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Principal Scientist you will be responsible for leading the t...Science
View & Apply
Downstream Development Scientist
Essex, Essex, East | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Downstream Development Scientist to join an innovative company based in the Essex area. As the Downstream Development Scientist you will be responsible for the developme...Science
View & Apply