Job Reference: J5635340
Updated On: 14/09/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area. As the Senior Research Scientist you will be joining a small R&D team focussing on projects aimed to develop novel therapeutics for the treatment of bacterial infections.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for microbiology and molecular research projects.
2. As the Senior Research Scientist you will also develop and apply company SOPs.
3. You will be responsible for preparing and presenting data at company meetings.
4. The Senior Research Scientist will also be expected to train junior members of staff where appropriate.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Research Scientist/Lab Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Life Sciences related discipline plus further laboratory experience.
2. Proven industry experience working in a Cat II laboratory.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience performing molecular and microbiology techniques such as PCR, ELISA and cloning. Knowledge of antibiotic resistance would be beneficial.
Key Words: Scientist / Research / Bacteria / Antibiotics / Life Sciences / Biotech / PCR / ELISA / Molecular / Microbiology / Cat 2 / Category 2.
Other jobs with similar skills
Technical Application Scientist Flow Cytometry / ELISA - French Speaking
Renfrewshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist with experience of Flow Cytometry and ELISA or Luminex to join a leading life sciences provider based in the Renfrewshire area. As th...Science
View & Apply
Senior QC Bioassay Scientist
Cheshire | £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior QC Analytical Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the North Wales area. As the Senior QC Analytical Scientist you will be responsible for t...Science
View & Apply