J2946CambridgeshirePharmaceutical CRO/CMO Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time17/05/2017Chemistry
Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry
Chemistry - Quality Control
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Head of Analytical Development
We are currently looking for a Head of Analytical Development to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Kent area. As the Head of Analytic... View Job
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Pharmacokineticist to join a leading life science company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Pha... View Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced scientist or recent graduate with some relevant laboratory experience to join a... View Job
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Senior Scientist focussing on Animal Sports Drug Screening to join a leading contract services laboratory based in the Cambridgeshire area. As a Senior Scientist - Animal Sports Drug Screening you will be primarily responsible for testing activities including the analysis of drugs and substances prohibited in sport within a range of sample matrices, including biological samples (equine and canine) and complex nutritional supplements.
The laboratory maintains a significant research and development programme in order to be able to respond to the latest risks identified by the regulators. Method development, validation and investigation of new threats underpin all drug screening activities. Due to the diverse range of analytes studied, a range of analytical technologies are employed, including high resolution accurate mass, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP-MS and clinical analysis.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Animal Sports Drug Screening will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as following:
1. You will have the opportunity to work within a project based team, developing, validating and running a variety of analytical methods to analyse samples for the presence of steroids and other prohibited at all times' substances. This will include the use of GC-MS, LC-MS and ICP-MS.
2. Utilise chromatographic and mass spectrometry techniques such as LC-MS for analysis of samples.
3. Able to manage small projects, effectively planning work and organising personal time and lab activities.
4. Interpretation of analytical data and presentation of results and conclusions.
Note: Whilst the you will initially be recruited into the Animal Sports Drug Screening Team, the department offer all staff the option of rotating to other teams as part of an overall Technical Academy programme designed to develop rounded analytical chemists.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Animal Sports Drug Screening we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an analytical chemistry related field.
2. Practical industry experience using LC-MS/MS or GC-MS/MS.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with method development and validation of analytical techniques for LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS/MS.
NB: Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance may be required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.
Although not a requirement for this role, having access to a car or bike is recommended to travel to and from site as there is limited public transport links in the area.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.