J3966CambridgeshireScience PermanentDependent on ExperienceFull Time25/05/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – QC / Stability
Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry
Chemistry - Quality Control
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Scientist - Mass Spectrometry
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Scientist with knowledge/experience in Mass Spectrometry to join a global life sciences company ... View Job
Senior Scientist - Contract Research
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Contract Research to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Scientis... View Job
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Bioanalysis Scientist to join a leading, and rapidly expanding, life sciences company based in the Cam... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Animal Sports Drug Screening to join a leading life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Animal Sports Drug Screening you will be responsible for primary testing activities including the analysis of drugs and substances prohibited in sport within a range of sample matrices, including biological samples (equine and canine) and complex nutritional supplements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Animal Sports Drug Screening will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will take a lead role in analysing blood, urine and hair samples from animal athletes for the presence of steroids and other prohibited at all times' substances using analytical techniques such as chromatography and mass spectrometry - mainly GCMS, LCMS and ICP-MS.
2. You will take responsibility for making key scientific decisions and judgement based on the results you have received.
3. You will be expected to contribute to troubleshooting, method development/validation and may also be expected to supervise and train other Scientists.
4. You will be expected to work under ISO17025 laboratory guidelines.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Animal Sports Drug Screening we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a chemistry or biochemistry related discipline.
2. Prior hands on experience in LCMS and/or GCMS, including the ability to troubleshoot, develop and validate methods and provide training.
3. You will be expected to demonstrate a flexible approach to working, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with other staff and customers/clients.