Job Reference: J5634506
Updated On: 09/03/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Senior Scientist - Antibody Expression
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Antibody Expression to join a leading Biotechnology business based in the London area. As the Senior Scientist - Antibody Expression you will be responsible for setting up and running the in-house expression of Antibodies and Recombinant proteins as well as developing a team around you.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Protein Expression Scientist with an in-depth knowledge of plasmid design and transfection optimisation, to set up their own Lab and take ownership of the Antibody production for the business.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Scientist - Antibody Expression will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Extensive knowledge of Antibody and Recombinant protein expression in Mammalian expressions systems including CHO and HEK293.
2. Strong background in Molecular Biology for the design of plasmids for protein expression as well as a good understanding of Cell Culture techniques and Cell Biology.
3. Ability to optimise and improve yields of Antibody's and Recombinant Proteins at bench scale (ml to Ls)
4. As you set up the processes you will begin to build a team to support you in your work.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Antibody Expression we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Life Sciences discipline (or equivalent industry experience) with extensive experience of Protein Expression in Mammalian Cell lines, including CHO and HEK.
2. Proven experience in optimising Plasmid transfection and process development for Antibody and protein expression.
3. Experience of supervising Junior members of staff would benefit your application.
Key Words: Protein Expression | Mammalian Expression | Antibody Expression | CHO | HEK | Cell Culture | Plasmid Design | Plasmid Transfection | Process Optimisation | Biotechnology | Team Leader
Other jobs with similar skills
QC Material and Sample Management Supervisor
North Lanarkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a QC Material and Sample Management Supervisor to join a growing biotechnology company based in the Glasgow area. The QC Material and Sample Management Supervisor work...Science
View & Apply
Technical Application Scientist - Cell Biology
Paisley | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Cell Biologist and looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist in Cell Biology who speaks fluent Italian and En...Science
View & Apply