Job Reference: J5637612
Status: Open to Applications
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Bioinformatics to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Slough, Berkshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Bioinformatics you will be responsible for linking target mechanisms to human disease pathobiology.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Bioinformatics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To analyse bulk and single cell RNA-seq from patient samples and combine with gene expression from in vitro and ex vivo perturbations of model systems to link target mechanisms to human disease pathobiology.
2. Working as part of a multi disciplinary team to improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms that drive complex, chronic diseases and response to treatment.
3. Generate unique insights regarding molecular evidence of efficacy; refined understanding of MoA; and identification of patient molecular endophenotypes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Bioinformatics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree (MSc) in biology/ bioinformatics or computer science
2. Proven industry experience with implementing and executing NGS pre-processing and analysis pipelines preferably in a parallelised cloud environment i.e. DNA Nexus
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with RNAseq analysis best practices and ability to leverage a diverse toolbox of methods for biological interpretation of gene expression data including, pathway analysis, functional module detection, and causal reasoning will be an advantage.
Key Words: NGS / RNAseq / R / Python / Unix / Linux / DNA Nexus / Biology / Bioinformatics
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Pharmaceutical, IS&T
Skills: IT Pharma - Computational - Bioinformatics, IT Pharma - Computational - Bioinformatician, IT Pharma - Computational - R, IT Pharma - Computational - Pipeline, IT Pharma - Computational - NGS, IT Pharma - Computational - Programming, IT Pharma - Software - Python, IT Pharma - Software - Linux