Job Reference: J5635605
Updated On: 30/11/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Senior Scientist - Cell Biology
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Cell Biology to join a fast-growing Biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area focused on developing first-in-class Therapeutics targeted against Inflammatory and Immuno-oncology targets. As the Senior Scientist - Cell Biology you will be responsible for developing in vitro cell biology and disease tissue models to investigate the interaction between cellular receptors and lead antibodies.
This is a lab based opportunity reporting to the Biology Lead and requires an experienced Cell Biologist with a passion and drive to understand the Mechanism of Action of novel Antibody therapeutics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Scientist - Cell Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design and execute in vitro cell biology and Mechanism of Action (MOA) studies to understand target biology and Antibody candidates in the disease areas of Inflammation and Immuno-oncology.
2. interact with CROs and collaborators to ensure the successful development of external assays and implement studies where appropriate.
3. Bring a wealth of knowledge in the areas of Functional Cell Biology assays including but not limited to Multi-parameter Flow Cytometry, High contact imaging and 3D Cell culture.
4. Manage research scientists as required and work c
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Cell Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD (or equivalent experience) in the areas of Cell Biology and Pharmacology, ideally with experience in a Biotech or industry setting.
2. Proven industry experience in Cell Biology and/or Immunology where you have worked with Primary and immortalised cell lines. Experience with functional cell biology assays and assay development is highly desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of Cellular techniques, including but not limited to, Flow Cytometry, High contact Imaging and 3D Cell Culture.
Key Words: Antibody | Biotechnology | Biotherapeutics | Fibroblast | Inflammatory | Immuno-oncology | Functional Cell based Assays | Primary Cells | 3D Cell Culture | Flow Cytometry | High Contact Imaging | Tumour Microenvironmnet | Cell Biology | Cell Biologist
Other jobs with similar skills
Edinburgh | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Histology Scientist / Senior Scientist to join a growing life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. As the Histology Scientist / Senior Scientist you will be res...Science
View & Apply
Flow Cytometry Senior Scientist
Oxfordshire | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Flow Cytometry Senior Scientist to join a leading Cell Therapy company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Flow Cytometry Senior Scientist you will be responsible for ...Science
View & Apply
Principal Scientist - Assay development
Chesterford | £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Assay development to join a leading Biotherapeutics company based in the South Cambridgeshire area. As the Principal Scientist - Assay development ...Science
View & Apply