J5630936HertfordshireScience Permanent£30,000 to £40,000 per annum - Bonus + pensionFull Time07/02/2019Biomedical Science Biochemistry Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Cell Culture Bioassay Microbiology Microbiology – Pharmaceutical Commercial Commercial – Product Management R&D R&D – Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology R&D – General Science Pre Clinical Research R&D - Preclinical
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Account Manager - Consumables We are currently looking for a Senior Account Manager - Consumables to join a market leading company based in the London area. As the Senior Account M... View Job
Laboratory Technician - R&D We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced scientist to join a growing animal health company based in Edinburgh as Laborat... View Job
Research Scientist We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Research Scientist to join a growing animal health company based in the Edinburgh area. As t... View Job
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Cell Culture to join a leading company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Cell Culture, you will be responsible for leading R&D projects, managing the biological health and safety team and also helping the sales team for pre and post sales activity.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Cell Culture will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will lead the biology R&D team, leading projects and reporting on outcomes. These projects include assay development and executing experiments to help with the development of next generation tissue and disease models.
2. You will be responsible for the maintenance and implementation of bio-safety, security and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes across the biology team.
3. As the Senior Scientist - Cell Culture, you will also support the companies pre and post sales activities by providing scientific expertise at conferences around the UK and internationally.
4. You will give guidance and training to the companies customers to allow them to maximise the benefits of the companies products and devices.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Cell Culture we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD or Masters in a relevant subject area such as Biology, Immunology, cell biology, cell culture or another life science area.
2. Proven industry experience in cell culture, in either an academic or industrial research laboratory
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with relevant laboratory techniques, including molecular biology, immunoassays, cell-based assays, preferably including primary cell culture and qPCR
Key Words: Biology / cell / culture / PCR / immunology / assays / laboratory safety / SOP / Organs-on-chips / primary cells / in vitro / bioengineering / 3D / drug development / research / development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.