Job Reference: J5636780
Status: Open to Applications
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Cell Line Development to join a leading Biologics CDMO company based in the North East of the UK. As the Senior Scientist - Cell Line Development you will be responsible for the genetic engineering and development of mammalian cell lines for the production of Antibodies and Recombinant Therapeutic Proteins.
You will have the opportunity to hold the responsibility of a technical management and line management role, and as the Lab-based leader you will be taking control of cell line and development activities including cloning, transfection, cell line selection and scaled down production processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Cell Line Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Act as Lead on a range of client Cell line development projects including transfection, cloning and cell line selection. You will present data directly to clients and ensure project timelines are met.
2. Direct line manage a small team of 2-3 Scientists who you will support on a day-to-day basis as well as the continued professional development.
3. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the implementation of new and innovative Cell line construction methods and technologies.
4. Construct Cell Lines for the production of Antibodies and other therapeutic proteins as per client requirements.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Cell Line Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline. a PhD is ideal but not required.
2. Proven industry experience in the development of Mammalian Cell Lines for the production of therapeutic Biologic and proteins. This includes but not limited to knowledge of Cell Culture methods, transfection and cloning techniques.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with high through-put cloning and cell line screening technologies, such as ambr15 systems is desirable but not required.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.