Job Reference: J5633718
Updated On: 03/09/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge. As the Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics you will be responsible for designing assays for complex protein systems including novel enzymes and proteins.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Utilise your expertise in enzyme kinetics to provide an understanding of complex mechanisms.
2. Design and execute de novo assays for difficult protein systems, including novel enzymes and protein protein interactions to enable the drug discovery process.
3. Collaborate with structural biologists, biophysicists and chemists in order to optimise fragment hits to lead compounds.
4. As the Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics you will train and mentor junior team members.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in Eznymology, Protein Chemistry, Biochemistry or relevant. You will have a good understanding of drug discovery.
2. Proven industry or post-doc experience in enzyme kinetics and assay development including HTRF, TRF, FP, Luminescence etc. Experience with biophysical methods (SPR) is desirable.
3. A working knowledge with target including kinases, ion channels and protein-protein interactions.
Key Words: Enzymology / Enzyme Kinetics / Biochemistry / Enzyme Characterisation / Assay Development / HTRF / TRF / FP / Luminescence / SPR / Biacore / Ion Channel / Protein Interaction / Kinases / Cambridge / Post Doc / PhD / Drug Discovery
Other jobs with similar skills
Assay Development Scientist
Oxford | Experience Dependent
HRS are currently looking for an Assay Development Scientist to join a growing biotech company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Assay Development Scientist you will be responsible for inventing, ...Science
View & Apply
Principal Scientist - Immunoassays
Berkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Immunoassays to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Berkshire area. As the Principal Scientist - Immunoassays you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Sterile Manufacturing Training Specialist
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependent
Are you experienced in GMP Sterile Manufacturing and looking for a new exciting role? We are currently looking for a Sterile Manufacturing Training Specialist to join a leading life sciences compan...Science
View & Apply